Friday, February 20, 2015

I will never work a day in my life.

I have been blessed beyond measure with a passion. A passion that I am able to spend the rest of my life pursuing every single day...and calling it my "job". And that is why I will never work a day in my life.

Currently, I work every single day. I work at Camp Munroe, am a paraprofessional at Oakdale and nanny. All of those "jobs" have to do with working with people who have disabilities. My passion. I go to work every day and leave a better person than I was before. Most people go to work and leave being stressed out or in a bad mood. I leave work in a better mood than I was in before. I am SO lucky, and I wish other people understood that they could do this for themselves as well!

So many people go to college and major in something that they don't love just because it makes a lot of money, or just because it's easy, or just to simply get a degree. Believe me, I wish teachers made millions. Even like a hundred thousand would be nice! But they don't, and never will. And I'm okay with that. I would so much rather live life with a happy and full heart, doing what I love to do and becoming a better person, than live with an empty heart in a profession that makes a lot of money. Money makes life easier, but it does not make life happy. And I am all about happiness.

So find your happiness. Figure out what gets you excited, what gets you interested, what gets you passionate. And do something with it! I'm 19 years old and love working ridiculous hours a week because I don't consider it working. I'm changing lives, including my own, and what is more rewarding than that?

If there is one thing that I leave behind, let it be this: Find what makes your eyes light up, and never let it go. Stand up for what you believe in even if you're in a room full of people who are sitting down. I can't stress enough how important it is to find something that you love, because when you pour your heart into something, you have the ability to change so many lives.

Choose to not work a day in your life. Choose happiness.


No comments:

Post a Comment